This template is perfect for planning your SEO strategy.
This template is perfect for optimising the content on your website pages and is based on the work of Ahrefs (links in checklist link back to Ahrefs website).
With this SEO template, you’ll be able to:
What you need before purchase
After purchase, you’ll be able to view the template immediately. The template can be added to your Notion account by:
For ongoing use, the steps are:
An On-page SEO Checklist Template is a pre-designed format or checklist used to optimize web pages for search engines. It provides a structured framework for ensuring that various on-page elements and factors are properly optimized to improve search engine visibility and organic rankings. The template helps website owners, content creators, and SEO professionals follow best practices and guidelines to optimize individual web pages for better search engine optimization (SEO) performance.
Here are some common elements you might find in an On-page SEO Checklist Template:
1. Keyword Research and Targeting:
– Identify relevant keywords and phrases that align with the page’s content and user intent.
– Determine primary and secondary keywords to target in the content and meta tags.
2. Title Tag Optimization:
– Craft a compelling and descriptive title tag that includes the primary keyword.
– Ensure the title tag is concise, accurately represents the page’s content, and entices users to click.
3. Meta Description Optimization:
– Write a concise and compelling meta description that summarizes the page’s content and encourages click-throughs.
– Include relevant keywords and a call-to-action to entice users to visit the page.
4. URL Structure:
– Ensure the URL is concise, descriptive, and includes the primary keyword if possible.
– Use hyphens to separate words in the URL and avoid using numbers or special characters.
5. Heading Tags:
– Use appropriate heading tags (H1, H2, etc.) to structure the content and signal its importance to search engines.
– Include relevant keywords in the headings to help search engines understand the page’s content.
6. Content Optimization:
– Create high-quality, informative, and engaging content that satisfies user search intent.
– Include relevant keywords naturally throughout the content without keyword stuffing.
– Optimize the content’s length, readability, and formatting (e.g., using bullet points, subheadings) for user experience.
7. Image Optimization:
– Optimize images by providing descriptive alt text that includes relevant keywords.
– Compress images to reduce file size and improve page loading speed.
– Use descriptive file names for images that relate to the page’s content.
8. Internal Linking:
– Include internal links to relevant pages on your website to improve navigation and spread link equity.
– Use descriptive anchor text that provides context for the linked page.
– Ensure the page is mobile-friendly and responsive, providing a seamless user experience on mobile devices.
– Optimize font sizes, spacing, and overall design for mobile users.
10. Page Speed Optimization:
– Test the page’s speed using tools like Google PageSpeed Insights and make necessary optimizations.
11. Social Metadata:
– Include relevant social metadata tags (Open Graph or Twitter Cards) to enhance social sharing of the page’s content.
– Specify an attractive image, title, and description for social media platforms when the page is shared.
The purpose of an On-page SEO Checklist Template is to provide a structured guide for optimizing individual web pages for search engines. By following the checklist, website owners and SEO practitioners can ensure that essential on-page SEO elements are properly optimized, leading to improved search engine visibility, higher organic rankings, and better user experience.
Please note that the specific elements and design of an On-page SEO Checklist Template may vary based on individual preferences, the target audience, and the specific requirements of your website. It is recommended to customize the template based on your specific needs and adjust the sections or prompts as necessary.
To create an On-page SEO Checklist Template in Notion, you can follow these steps:
1. Open Notion and create a new page or open an existing one where you want to create the template.
2. Decide on the structure and layout of your template. Consider the elements you want to include in your On-page SEO Checklist Template, such as keyword research and targeting, title tag optimization, meta description optimization, URL structure, heading tags, content optimization, image optimization, internal linking, mobile-friendliness, page speed optimization, and social metadata.
3. Start by adding headings or subheadings for each element. You can use the “/” command in Notion to quickly create different block types, such as headings, subheadings, or bullet points.
4. Under the “Keyword Research and Targeting” section, create bullet points or subheadings to outline the tasks involved in conducting keyword research and targeting for the page. This can include identifying relevant keywords, determining primary and secondary keywords, and aligning keywords with user intent.
5. Create a section for “Title Tag Optimization” and outline the tasks involved in optimizing the title tag. This can include crafting a compelling and descriptive title tag that includes the primary keyword, ensuring conciseness, accuracy, and user appeal.
6. Add a section for “Meta Description Optimization” and outline the tasks involved in optimizing the meta description. This can include writing a concise and compelling description that summarizes the page’s content, includes relevant keywords, and encourages click-throughs.
7. Create a section for “URL Structure” and outline the tasks involved in optimizing the URL. This can include ensuring conciseness, descriptiveness, and including the primary keyword if possible.
8. Include a section for “Heading Tags” and outline the tasks involved in optimizing the heading tags. This can include using appropriate heading tags to structure the content, including relevant keywords, and signalling importance to search engines.
9. Create a section for “Content Optimization” and outline the tasks involved in optimizing the page’s content. This can include creating high-quality, informative, and engaging content, including relevant keywords naturally, and optimizing length, readability, and formatting.
10. Add a section for “Image Optimization” and outline the tasks involved in optimizing images on the page. This can include providing descriptive alt text with relevant keywords, compressing images, and using descriptive file names.
11. Create a section for “Internal Linking” and outline the tasks involved in optimizing internal linking. This can include including internal links to relevant pages, using descriptive anchor text, and improving navigation and link equity.
12. Include a section for “Mobile-Friendliness” and outline the tasks involved in optimizing the page for mobile devices. This can include ensuring mobile-friendliness, optimizing font sizes and spacing, and providing a seamless user experience on mobile.
14. Add a section for “Social Metadata” and outline the tasks involved in optimizing social metadata. This can include including relevant social metadata tags, specifying attractive images, titles, and descriptions for social sharing.
15. Customize and refine the template: Adjust the formatting, colours, or styles to make the template visually appealing and easy to read. You can also add additional sections or customize the template based on your specific needs.
16. Save and reuse: Once you have completed your template, save it for future use. You can duplicate the page to create On-page SEO Checklist templates for different web pages or modify the template as needed for various SEO scenarios.
By following these steps, you can create an On-page SEO Checklist Template in Notion that suits your specific SEO needs.
Remember to customize the template based on your requirements and adjust the structure or sections as necessary.