This template is perfect for planning your SEO strategy.
This template is perfect for starting to follow SEO best practices and is based on the work of Ahrefs (links in checklist link back to Ahrefs website).
With this SEO template, you’ll be able to:
What you need before purchase
After purchase you’ll be able to view the template immediately. The template can added to your Notion account by:
For ongoing use, the steps are:
An SEO Basics Checklist Template is a pre-designed format or outline used to ensure that fundamental search engine optimization (SEO) practices are implemented for a website or online content. It provides a structured checklist of essential SEO elements and tasks that need to be addressed to improve the visibility and ranking of web pages in search engine results.
Here are some common elements you might find in an SEO Basics Checklist Template:
1. Keyword research: This section typically includes steps or tasks related to keyword research. It involves identifying relevant keywords and phrases that users may search for when looking for content or information related to your website.
2. On-page optimization: The template may include items related to on-page optimization, which involves optimizing individual web pages to improve their visibility and relevance to search engines. This can include tasks such as optimizing title tags, meta descriptions, headings, URL structure, and keyword placement within the content.
3. Content optimization: Create tasks related to content optimization. This can include ensuring that the content is high-quality, relevant, and valuable to users. Tasks may involve optimizing the readability, structure, formatting, and keyword usage within the content.
4. Technical SEO: Include items related to technical aspects of SEO, such as optimizing website speed, mobile-friendliness, website security (HTTPS), XML sitemap creation, robots.txt file optimization, and ensuring proper URL canonicalization.
5. Internal linking: Add tasks related to internal linking, which involves linking relevant pages within your website to improve navigation and user experience. This can help search engines understand the structure and hierarchy of your website’s content.
6. User experience optimization: Reserve a section for tasks related to improving the overall user experience on your website. This can include optimizing page loading times, ensuring responsive design for different devices, and providing clear navigation and user-friendly layouts.
7. Schema markup: Include tasks related to implementing schema markup, which provides structured data to search engines to better understand and display your website’s content in search results. This can help enhance the appearance and relevance of your website in search engine listings.
8. Website analytics: Add items related to website analytics setup, such as installing and configuring tools like Google Analytics or other analytics platforms. This allows you to track and analyze website traffic, user behavior, and other key performance metrics.
9. Off-page optimization: Create tasks related to off-page optimization, which involves activities outside of your website that can impact your search engine rankings. This can include tasks such as building high-quality backlinks, managing online reviews, and engaging in social media promotion.
The purpose of a SEO Basics Checklist Template is to ensure that fundamental SEO practices are implemented for a website or online content. It helps website owners or SEO professionals stay organized, follow best practices, and optimize their website’s visibility in search engine results. By using such a template, you can systematically address key SEO elements and improve your website’s chances of ranking higher in search engine listings.
To create a SEO Basics Checklist Template in Notion, you can follow these steps:
1. Open Notion and create a new page or open an existing one where you want to create the template.
2. Decide on the structure and layout of your template. Consider the SEO elements and tasks you want to include, such as keyword research, on-page optimization, content optimization, technical SEO, internal linking, user experience optimization, schema markup, website analytics, and off-page optimization.
3. Start by adding headings or subheadings for each section. You can use the “/” command in Notion to quickly create different block types, such as headings, subheadings, or bullet points.
4. For each section, create a checklist of specific tasks or items related to that SEO element. These tasks should represent the fundamental steps or best practices that need to be addressed.
5. Under the “Keyword Research” section, add tasks such as identifying target keywords, conducting competitor analysis, and utilizing keyword research tools.
6. In the “On-page Optimization” section, include tasks like optimizing title tags, meta descriptions, headings, URLs, and ensuring keyword placement within the content.
7. Under the “Content Optimization” section, add tasks related to creating high-quality and relevant content, optimizing readability, structure, formatting, and keyword usage.
8. In the “Technical SEO” section, include tasks such as optimizing website speed, mobile-friendliness, website security, XML sitemap creation, and robots.txt file optimization.
9. Under the “Internal Linking” section, add tasks related to improving internal linking structure and linking relevant pages within the website.
10. In the “User Experience Optimization” section, include tasks such as optimizing page loading times, ensuring responsive design, and providing clear navigation and user-friendly layouts.
11. Under the “Schema Markup” section, add tasks related to implementing structured data using schema markup to enhance search engine understanding and display of your website’s content.
12. In the “Website Analytics” section, include tasks such as setting up and configuring website analytics tools like Google Analytics or other analytics platforms.
13. Under the “Off-page Optimization” section, add tasks related to building high-quality backlinks, managing online reviews, and engaging in social media promotion.
14. Customize and refine the template: Adjust the formatting, colors, or styles to make the template visually appealing and easy to read. You can also add additional sections or customize the template based on your specific needs.
15. Save and reuse: Once you have completed your template, save it for future use. You can duplicate the page to create SEO checklist templates for different websites or modify the template as needed for various SEO projects.
By following these steps, you can create a SEO Basics Checklist Template in Notion that suits your specific SEO requirements. Remember to customize the template based on your needs and adjust the structure or sections as necessary.