Notion Automotive Repair / Mechanic CRM
If you’re looking to build a CRM in Notion for your auto repair business, you’re in the right spot. By using Notion to build your CRM, you can create the custom mechanic CRM that you need in your favourite tool.
Features of a Automotive Repair CRM
A automotive repair CRM can be used to manage job applications, candidates contact details and client updates. The main features of your Notion CRM will be:
- Instructions on how to use the CRM
- Ability to add new contacts and store client contact information
- Track leads from enquiry through to booking
- Track ongoing conversations with clients
- Keep service notes on vehicles
- Manage tasks and have tasks connected to client records
- Segment clients for marketing
- Keep a client dashboard
- Mobile app access so you can view your CRM when you’re out of the office
- Quickly place vehicle bookings for clients
Structure of this Auto Repair CRM
This CRM template is set up in the following way:
- Targets section – set the monthly goals for yourself and your team
- Clients section – add client details, service dates, status, type of service, referral source and more. You’ll also be able to see the Vehicles, Notes & Tasks connected to the Client (using Notion Relation fields)
- Vehicles section – add vehicle plate details, warranty information, make, model and see related information
- Bookings section – add booking date, vehicle plate, type of car service required and more
- Service Notes section – create notes and connect to clients/vehicles
- Tasks section – create tasks, assign to team members and connect to clients
What functionality does a custom Automotive Repair Notion CRM include?
In defining the features of most CRMs, we split the features into Core, Common and Optional Features.
We’ll outline below what features you’ll have in your DIY CRM.
Core CRM Features
- Contacts (Contact Management) – set up with customer contact records in the “Client” database
- Notes (Interaction Tracking) – set up through a “Notes” database that connects notes to contacts
- Process (Lead Process Tracking) – set up through the use of a status field in the “Client” and “Bookings” databases
Common CRM Features
- Powerful search – included in Notion desktop and mobile versions
- Mobile App – included
- Customer Segmentation – set up through the use of a segment field
- Email integration – you can use the Gmail or Outlook add-ons to be able to create customer records, tasks or notes in Notion from your inbox.
- Document Storage – you can store documents on customer notes
- Quotes & Proposals – you can store these documents on customer notes but cannot create quotes & proposals from this template
- Workflow Automation – not included but can be set up through integrations
Optional CRM Features
- Permissions – permissions to view workspaces & templates can be set up on the Team plan
- Customisation – the CRM can be customised through custom sales stages, custom segmentation, custom contact records details and custom onboarding tips
- Third-party integrations – you can connect to services like Zapier to trigger actions
- Tasks & Task assignment – set up through having a task database
- Reporting – simple reporting on sales through filtered views and column calculations
- Analytics – not included
- Forecasting – not included
- Marketing Automation – not included in this template
- Social Media – not included in this template
- VOIP Integration – possible through integrations
- Chat Integration – possible through integrations
Do you need an Auto Repair CRM?
CRM software ensures that you keep track of all your sales, service and marketing needs. By setting up an automotive repair CRM, you can be confident that your team is keeping track of new leads, following up with customers, improving customer experience in your business and delivering the best service possible. You can do some follow-up using your memory & your address book but this quickly becomes impossible when you’re managing dozens or hundreds of automotive repair clients. That’s where having your own custom automotive repair CRM provides the biggest benefit.
How to build your own custom Mechanic CRM in Notion
An excellent way to learn Notion is to have a training session with a Notion consultant so you can learn the best practices for building a CRM that is suited to your unique business requirements. We’re currently working with a few Notion consultants who run paid online training with video chat. If you’re interested in building your own CRM and learning all the best Notion tips, hacks and skills along the way, book below on the form shown further down the page.
Automotive Repair CRM alternatives
Notion is an excellent way to create a lightweight, simple CRM for your automotive repair business but sometimes you need features that Notion can’t provide. Our top picks for Notion alternatives for your CRM are:
- Pipedrive – set up your automotive repair sales pipeline with extra features like email integration, custom workflows and call tracking.
- OnePageCRM – a simple CRM for your business that focuses on the next action your staff should perform.
- CapsuleCRM – a clean, well-designed automotive repair CRM that can track all your clients across their life cycle.
- Nimble CRM – a comprehensive automotive repair CRM that excels in lead generation through online connections.
Can you create a free CRM using Notion?
Yes, you can create a free CRM on the Notion Personal plan. You’ll have a limit of up to 1,000 blocks of content (paragraphs of text, to-do item, image etc). If you’ve got a smaller number of clients, you can build your own free CRM using Notion. Upgrade your Notion plan to the Team plan if you need more blocks or more advanced permissions.
What are the limitations to using Notion as a simple CRM?
All CRMs have limitations and using Notion as your automotive repair CRM comes with constraints that might not suit all users. As you’re custom-building your CRM, you need to ensure that the framework is set up properly and a badly-configured CRM can cause plenty of issues down the track. Notion has limited features around scheduling, emailing, call recording, web-clipping, universal search and note-style but these may not be features that you need for your small business.
I need a Notion consultant to help me build my CRM
You’re in the right place. We’ve got relationships with some of the best Notion consultants and ambassadors and can organise a paid online video meeting so you and your team can learn Notion and build your custom CRM together. Get in contact and we’ll get you booked in.
Notion CRM pricing?
Notion has a generous free plan (called Personal) that allows you to start learning and working in Notion for free. When you’re ready to bring in team members, set up specific access permissions and build larger projects out in Notion, they have a Team plan for $US8 per person per month. See all their pricing details here.
I’ve got another question…
Let us know what you need help with and we’ll be happy to help.