Notion ATS Template
If you’re looking to build an applicant tracking system in Notion for your business or your agency, you’re in the right spot. By using Notion to build your ATS, you can create the custom recruitment system that you need in your favourite tool.
Features of a Recruitment Applicant Tracking System
A Notion ATS can be used to manage job applications, candidate’s contact details and client updates. The main features of your Notion ATS will be:
- Instructions on how to use the ATS
- Ability to add new contacts and store client contact information
- Track leads from enquiry through to sale
- Track ongoing conversations with clients
- Remind your staff to follow up clients
- Manage tasks and have tasks connected to client records
- Segment clients for marketing
- Keep a client dashboard
- Mobile app access so you can view your ATS when you’re out of the office
- Create a simple applicant tracking system (ATS) using Notion
Structure of this applicant tracking system
This ATS template is set up in the following way:
- Targets section – set the monthly goals for yourself and your team
- Employers section – add employer’s contact details, their Next Contact Date, lead sources, notes, files and more. You’ll also be able to see the Roles, Notes & Tasks connected to the Employer (using Notion Relation fields)
- Candidates section – add similar details to employer but with status customised to the hiring process steps.
- Tasks section – create tasks, assign them to team members and connect to employers or candidates
- Notes section – create notes and connect to employer or candidates
- Roles section – add roles being advertised (displayed visually in a board-style view) and connect to the person advertising the role
What functionality does a custom Recruitment Notion ATS include?
In defining the features of most ATSs, we split the features into Core, Common and Optional Features.
We’ll outline below what features you’ll have in your DIY ATS.
- Contacts (Contact Management) – set up with customer contact records in the “Employer” and “Candidates” databases
- Notes (Interaction Tracking) – set up through a “Notes” database that connects notes to contacts
- Process (Lead Process Tracking) – set up through the use of a status field in the “Employer” and “Candidates” databases
Common ATS Features
- Powerful search – included in Notion desktop and mobile versions
- Mobile App – included
- Customer Segmentation – set up through the use of a segment field
- Email integration – you can use the Gmail or Outlook add-ons to be able to create customer records, tasks or notes in Notion from your inbox.
- Document Storage – you can store documents on customer notes
- Quotes & Proposals – you can store these documents on customer notes but cannot create quotes & proposals from this template
- Workflow Automation – not included but can be set up through integrations
Optional ATS Features
- Permissions – permissions to view workspaces & templates can be set up on the Team plan
- Customisation – the ATS can be customised through custom sales stages, custom segmentation, custom contact records details and custom onboarding tips
- Third-party integrations – you can connect to services like Zapier to trigger actions
- Tasks & Task assignment – set up through having a task database
- Reporting – simple reporting on sales through filtered views and column calculations
- Analytics – not included
- Forecasting – not included
- Marketing Automation – not included in this template
- Social Media – not included in this template
- VOIP Integration – possible through integrations
- Chat Integration – possible through integrations
Can you create a free ATS using Notion?
Yes, you can create a free ATS on the Notion Personal plan. You’ll have a limit of up to 1,000 blocks of content (paragraphs of text, to-do item, image etc). If you’ve got a smaller number of clients, you can build your own free ATS using Notion. Upgrade your Notion plan to the Team plan if you need more blocks or more advanced permissions.
What are the limitations to using Notion as a simple ATS?
All ATSs have limitations and using Notion as your recruitment ATS comes with constraints that might not suit all users. As you’re custom-building your ATS, you need to ensure that the framework is set up properly and a badly-configured ATS can cause plenty of issues down the track. Notion has limited features around scheduling, emailing, call recording, web-clipping, universal search and note-style but these may not be features that you need for your small business.
Notion ATS pricing?
Notion has a generous free plan (called Personal) that allows you to start learning and working in Notion for free. When you’re ready to bring in team members, set up specific access permissions and build larger projects out in Notion, they have a Team plan for $US8 per person per month. See all their pricing details here.
I’ve got another question…
Let us know what you need help with and we’ll be happy to help.