Notion – Annual General Board Meeting template
This template is perfect for discussing annual reports, making nominations, discussing finances, appointing members and making amendments, changes or additions. Why have your Annual General Board Meeting template in Notion? You can set up your meeting templates in Notion as standalone pages (like Google Docs or Word) or as page templates within databases. Standalone meeting page templates in Notion work well in terms of clarity but we’d recommend setting up as a database template. To create a Notion database template, click on the New button in your database then choose +New template. Name your template, add the details of your template and then click Back to return to your database item (your template will be saved). Having your Notion meeting notes, templates and agendas in a database will mean that you can have hundreds of items and not overfill your left navigation bar.
Why use a meeting template?
Creating meeting templates is a great way to organize your meetings and make them more efficient. You can use the same template for all of your meetings, or create different ones depending on the meeting type. For example, if you are having an executive team meeting, you might want to have a different template than one that you would use for a staff meeting. If you want your team members to be able to use meeting templates effectively, you will need to teach them how to do so. You should start by explaining why they are useful, then give them some examples of how they can apply them in their own work. For example, you could say something like this: “I know that we don’t always get everything done at our meetings, but using these templates makes sure that everyone has the information they need before the meeting starts. It also helps us stay focused and organized during the meeting.”
Once your team understands the benefits of using meeting templates, you can move on to training them on how to use them. You can either provide them with printed copies of the templates or allow them access to online versions through a shared drive. Once your team members are comfortable using meeting templates, you must remind them to use them regularly. One way to do this is to set up reminders within your calendar system. If you use Google Calendar, you can add a reminder to yourself every time you schedule a meeting. This will ensure that you remember to send out any meeting templates ahead of time.
Tips for running your meeting
When you run a meeting, there are certain things that you can do to help keep it productive. Here are some tips that you can follow when planning your next meeting:
- Make sure that you have enough time to complete the agenda items. This means that you need to plan your meeting well in advance.
- Be prepared to answer questions about the meeting topics. If people ask questions, make sure that you have answers ready.
- Use bullet points whenever possible. Bullet points are easier to read and understand than long paragraphs. They also save space in your presentation.
- Keep your meeting short. Longer meetings tend to drag on, which makes it harder to finish on time.
- Have a clear purpose for each meeting. If you don’t have a good reason for holding a particular meeting, it probably isn’t worth doing.
- Don’t forget to take notes. When you attend a meeting, you should write down anything that you think is important. This includes ideas, concerns, and other relevant details.
- Always end your meeting on time. If you don‘t, you may find that you lose focus and become distracted.
- Ask for feedback after the meeting. People often feel more comfortable giving honest feedback after they have had a chance to reflect on the meeting.
- Send out a summary email afterwards. This will let others who were not present at the meeting know what happened.
- Follow up with anyone who didn’t show up. This will help you avoid scheduling future meetings without having all the necessary participants.
- Schedule another meeting if you still haven’t completed all the tasks on the agenda.
- Finally, try to hold regular meetings as often as possible. Regular meetings are essential for keeping your team working efficiently.